Our Mothers have done so much for us throughout our lives. I’m sure I don’t have to go into detail about all the things a Mom does for us on the daily. If not now, when we were a kid. I know my mom is deserving of the best Mother’s Day gifts ever, I’d like to think your Mother is too. These super easy DIYs are a great way to spoil your Mother this Mother’s Day.
The first Mother’s Day DIY with essential oils I have for you is this Happy Mama Roller!
Happy Mama Roller
This is a powerful roller! It has 4 essential oils, all of which are uplifting, happy oils, that help promote feelings of happiness. This is my ultimate happy roller and I use it on the days I’m struggling with feelings of irritability or just need a pick me up mood booster.
Here’s what you need:
- Frankincense Essential Oil (15 drops) – Frankincense has a sweet honey like yet woodsy aroma. It is very uplifting and stimulating. Frankincense promotes feelings of relaxation and tranquility.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (10 drops) – Ylang Ylang has a floral aroma. It creates a calming environment and promotes feelings of peacefulness.
- Lavender Essential Oil (10 drops) – Lavender promotes feeling of calmness and can fight occasional nervous tension. It can calm both body and mind with its balancing properties.
- Orange Essential Oil (8 drops) – Orange has a sweet, floral aroma. It can be calming and bring feelings of inspiration.
- Grapeseed oil or another carrier oil of your choice. Read this post on the different carrier oils so you can pick the one that is right for you, or in this case your mom.
- Roller Bottles – I like to get the different colored ones, just because I think they are more fun. But you can use any type you like. I just recommend getting dark colored ones so the oils are protected from the light. This is a pack of 24 colored ones. You can never really have too many roller bottles.
How to make the Happy Mama Roller
This is super duper easy. Add all of the essential oils to a roller bottle. Fill the rest of the way with the carrier oil of your choice, pop the roller top on and roll on pulse points. I like to put mine on my wrists and sometimes behind my ears.
Lavender Oatmeal Bath Soak
Treat your mom to a relaxing bath that will make her feel like she is visiting her favorite spa. With this easy to follow Mother’s Day DIY with essential oils, you wont break the bank but she will like a million bucks. You will notice some of the same oils are repeated throughout these recipes. There is a reason for that. These are some of the best oils and are so versatile in their usage. Above, I talked about how they can help your mom emotionally. And the next two recipes will focus on skin and physical health. But she will still feel the aromatherapy benefits from these as well.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup Espom salt – Epsom salt can be used to reduce swelling and soothe sore muscles as well as minor aches and pains.
- 1 cup quick oats – oatmeal contains anti-inflamitory properties and is known to hold moisture in. It is soothing for dry skin.
- 1/2 cup baking soda – Baking soda can soothe skin irritations such as itchy, dry, and burning skin. It also has purifying and cleansing properties. Baking soda can help to pull toxins out of your body so is great for a detox bath.
- 5 drops Frankincense Essential Oil – Frankincense has a sweet honey-like and woody aroma. Reduce the appearance of uneven skin tones, and promote the appearance of healthy, younger looking skin with Frankincense.
- 10 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil – Tea Tree has a clean and musky scent. It can reduce the appearance of blemishes, and maintains the appearance of healthy skin and nails.
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil – Lavender is a super gentle essential oil with a calming and relaxing aroma. It is cleansing to the skin, reduces the appearance of blemishes, and supports aging skin.
How to make the Lavender Oatmeal Bath Soak
- Grind the oats until they are about the same texture as flour. You can use a food processor or a coffee grinder for this.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight glass jar such as this one. You can even tie a pretty ribbon around it.
- Use about 1 cup per bath.
This is an amazing Mother’s Day DIY with essential oils that you can give your mom for some well deserved relaxation. She can apply glow serum after she’s done relaxing in the bath, and before she heads off to bed. I am sure she will rest well after all of this relaxing self pampering!
I love this glow serum recipe. It moisturizes your face without leaving it feeling greasy. The essential oils used were chosen for specific reasons. They are all nourishing for your skin and can help with the appearance of healthy and younger looking skin. I’m sure all Mom’s could appreciate that!
Here’s what you need:
- Frankincense Essential Oil (10 drops) – Frankincense has a sweet honey-like and woody aroma. Reduce the appearance of uneven skin tones, and promote the appearance of healthy, younger looking skin with Frankincense.
- Lavender Essential Oil (15 drops) – Lavender is a super gentle essential oil with a calming and relaxing aroma. It is cleansing to the skin, reduces the appearance of blemishes, and supports aging skin.
- Elemi Essential Oil (10 drops) – Elemi is in the same family as Frankincense and Myrrh. It’s a cleansing and refreshing essential oil. You can support healthy looking skin with Elemi.
- Geranium Essential Oil (5 drops) – Geranium has a sweet and floral fragrance. It can cleanse the skin and maintain the appearance of young healthy looking skin.
- Copaiba Essential Oil (15 drops) – Copaiba has a calming warm aroma. You can reduce the appearance of blemishes and promote the appearance of a radiant youthful glow with Copaiba.
- Rosehip or Jojoba Oil – Rosehip oil is a great addition to this glow serum because it has been known to even skin tone, smooth wrinkles, lighten dark spots, and reduce the appearance of dark circles and under eye bags. Jojoba oil is a great alternative, if you are looking for something a little less expensive, about half the price of Rosehip. Jojoba supports aging skin. It is an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. Jojoba has been known to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I think either of these is a great choice for this glow serum. If you want to get the benefits from both, use both in this serum.
- A 2 oz amber (or other dark color) glass bottle with a dropper. I like these amber glass bottles, they come in a 4 pack so you can gift some and make one for yourself.
- Jade Roller and/or Gua Sha stone (this one comes with both). This is optional but I really love using these along with the serum. They the spread the oils around and really push them into your pours. They are also great to increase blood flow and promote lymphatic drainage.
How to make the Glow Serum
This serum is super easy to make. Add all the essential oils to your glass bottle. Fill the rest of the way with the Rosehip and/or Jojoba oil. Use about 1/2 dropper. I like to squeeze about a half dropper into my hand and rub on my face and neck. After that I use the Jade roller and/or gua sha stone. I like using both. An option is to store this in your fridge so that it lasts longer, it’s also really cooling and soothing when you apply it chilled. This is a super easy Mother’s Day DIY with essential oils.
So, there you have it, three amazing Mother’s Day DIYs that you can make with essential oils. Treat your mother this Mother’s Day to all three in a nice little relaxing gift basket. She is sure to love and appreciate it!
Still need your essential oils? Check out this post to see what comes in the awesome kit and to get your hands on yours!